Job Title: Head of Coaching
Location: Club Stadium (unless otherwise agreed)
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Background to the role
The FAW Academy programme represents the highest level of youth development football in the domestic game in Wales. The FAW Academy programme has developed through the UEFA Club Licensing scheme, which was introduced in the 2003/04 season. It is mandatory for the 12 JD Welsh Premier League Clubs to operate an accredited FAW Academy and to annually comply with the FAW Academy Regulations. All 12 2018/19 JD Welsh Premier League clubs can access annual funding from the UEFA Solidarity Fund for Youth Development and an element of this money has been ring-fenced for the newly created role of Head of Coaching.
Purpose of the role
• To develop players &Increase the amount of better players in Wales
• To establish a sustainable system and approach to coach development within the Academy.
• To develop coaches so that they improve and perform to the best of their potential and are consequently able to maximise the potential of the players that they work with.
• To develop community links so that sustainable relationships are built and perform to the best of their potential.
• A strong background in football coaching, player development and coach education;
• Knowledge and understanding of providing TNAs, formal feedback and development/delivery of CPD programmes;
• Proven ability to implement and develop football programmes and philosophy;
• Strengths in planning and time management;
• Experience in recruitment, relationship building;
• Ability to form strong and operational teams;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Proven leadership and supervisory management experience;
• Strategy and policy development, implementation and reporting;
• Ability to be self-directed and work on own initiative;
• Appropriate IT competencies;
• Ability to present/report effectively to Board/Panel members;
• Spoken and written Welsh desirable;
• Willing to work unsociable hours and weekends;
• Full driving licence.
• Working towards an UEFA A Licence
• FAW Accredited Tutor or Willingness to Working Towards
• Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent
• Level 3 Accredited Tutor
• Level 3 Mentor & Assessor
To work with the FAW Trust as a key strategic partner to deliver
• Build relationships within the Academy and wider community.
• Deliver coach development support within the Academy and wider community.
This could include:
- Researching current trends of coaching/teaching, player development, and industry best practice to inform practice within the Academy;• - Training needs analysis of all coaches current and required level of performance
- Formal program of observation to provide effective feedback to include individual coach action plans;
- Development and delivery of an innovative CPD program for all coaching staff within the Academy and wider community.
• Work as a FAW/UEFA Coach Educator within the FAW Trust Coach Education Strategy.
• Lead the implementation and development of the Academy playing philosophy across all phases;
• Manage player progression and retention, de-registration, and signing of new players;
• Ensure the delivery of a robust games program across all phases;
• Ensure the delivery of a robust Skill Acquisition Program for foundation U9-U11 age groups.
The Welsh Way
• Ensure the implementation and delivery of the Welsh Way, principle of play Academy philosophy through all age groups.
• Build effective relationships across the multi-disciplinary teams within the Academy; to include Analysis/Medical/Sport Science Support/Education & Welfare.
• Ensure effective working across multi-disciplinary teams through education and promoting relevant benefits. To include Analysis/Medical/Sport Science Support/Education & Welfare.
Evidence Based Reporting
• Report (within agreed timelines) to the Board on overall progress and development within the Academy and represent collective views on the future development and direction of the coaching programs.
• Report (within agreed timelines) to the WPL Board/Panel on overall progress and development within the Academy.
• Agree to and fulfil all requirements of the FAW/FAW Trust/WPLA auditing process.
• Create a process to ensure the best players in the area attend the Academy
• Understand and recognise the Talent ID Pathway within the FAW Trust/ FAW Programmes;
• Create Talent ID working group within the Academy inclusive of all age groups Head Coaches;
• Collate player lists for all Academy related age groups ready for Regional/ National nomination;
• Attend ALL Talent ID related CPD workshops/ courses when required;
• Liaise with the National Talent ID Manager on all aspects of Talent ID.
Junior Grassroots Club Support
• Working with the Area FDM build relationships with the local grassroots landscape, inclusive of clubs, fun football providers, junior leagues and the Area Association to ensure the player pathway is clearly understood.
• Development and implementation of agreed programmes in the community aligned to the area plan for football to support delivery on FAWT objectives.
Develop/Support Grassroots Coach Education Programs
• Work within the FAW Trust Coach Education Strategy. This could include;
- Supporting local Grassroots Conferences;
- Supporting level 1, 2 & 3 Coach Education;
- Support local coaches/teachers through CPD opportunities.
Continued Professional Development
• Attend all CPD events (up to a maximum of 20 days per year).
To apply please send a copy of your coaching CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post will close at 12pm on Wednesday 17th July 2019.